Street Racing


My advertising campaign is about illegal street car racing everywhere around the world. I chose this campaign because this is one of the problems that are causing a lot of deaths from car crashes and a lot of street racers are gong to jail for racing. My message to all the street racers is to bring to a standstill doing unlawful street race.
I used a slogan to tell my message on my poster. My slogan is “Street + Racing = Death or Jail”. It means that whatever a street racer does, that person cannot escape to die from car crashes or going to jail by getting busted by the cops. So what’s the point of street racing, street racers can just stay in a normal life. I used an image of two street racers doing illegal street race on my poster. I made a bright red ban symbol on the image; I did it to illustrate the message to stop doing illegal street racing. I made the outlaw symbolizing colour bright red to show that it is causing death. This image is related to my slogan. I used an image of a very bad car crash on my poster to show how people can die from a car crash. I chose a bad car crash image to scare the street racers and showed them how painfully they can die. I wrote “=Death” beside the image. I used an image of a person going to jail to show the street racers that if they do street racing, they will go to jail. I wrote “=Jail” beside the image.
I used a wristband as my gimmick. It is a very simple white wristband. On the wristband, I stacked my slogan on it. The wristband will cost $5. I will sell my band all across the world to spread my message everywhere. I will use 50% of the money that I earn to give it to the government to make new rules to stop illegal street racing. I came up with this idea because I saw people selling wristbands in the market and the money that the company of the wristbands earns uses some of the earnings for charity. So I thought my one could be sold like this.
My event is a concert to ban illegal street racing. I will organize a concert because many people in the world are interested in concerts and it is a good way to advertise my gimmick. I will also use some of the money that I earn to give to the government to make new rules to stop illegal street racing. I will call Linkin Park and Pod to play their rock bands. In the concert one of the members from the rock bands will tell everyone the message I am saying to everyone using my slogan and about my gimmick. I will show the concert in MTV channel so that the people that are not going to the concert know about my gimmick and my message. I came up with this idea because I saw many people organizing concerts and they use some of the money that they earn for charity. So I thought I could organize a concert and use the money like this.
In view of the above, it is evident that, for my campaign, I tried to make people aware of illegal street racing that is going on around the world. The visual techniques of advertising I used were juxtaposition, balance, background, font, colour, contrast and dominant image. I only used slogan as one of my language techniques of advertising. I hope I can make illegal street racers be aware of street racing by showing my poster, event and gimmick.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Irin, a mother of silent ocean

Home, my sweet home

Hooks Law and its application